A big Mahalo to Blogger mom “The Cinnamon Mom” who I affectionately nicknamed “The Cinnamom” for this nominee. Please go check out her sweet family and her take on being a home schooling mama to her two littles. She is an incredible mother and wife & she bravely left her full time job (go you!) and is blogging full time. Along with learning some great teaching tactics she also shares yummy recipes & sweet photos of her little family.
“The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.” – The Global Aussie
- Give a shoutout to the blogger who nominated you, share the love by linking back to their blog
- Share some random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 or more bloggers who you feel deserve this award & who have less than 200 followers
- Answer questions posted by the person who nominated you & ask your nominees to answer questions
- Comment on my original post letting me know you’ve accepted your nomination & leave a comment on Global Aussie blog post about the Liebster Award 2017 letting him know you have received a nomination.
- Have fun, this is a great way to get your blog out there, discover new blogs and help other bloggers out.
Random Facts About Me
- I have been playing piano since I was 4+ years old
- My grandparents used to own 2 piano stores in Southern CA
- I’ve lived in 4 different states, California, Idaho, Arizona & Hawaii
- My mom and I were asked to appear on MTV’s “Date My Mom”, we kindly declined but we were almost famous!
- I attended an all girls Catholic high school, if I were to do it again I’m not sure I’d willingly repeat this experience. (I’m an avid believer that high school is to be endured, college is for fun)
- I met my roommates and bestfriends on Craigslist!
- “The Office” is one of my favorite shows, I quote it Every. Single. Day
Questions from The Cinnamon Mom
- How did you come up with your blog’s name?
When I first envisioned myself as a blogger I wanted to blog about petite fashion, I’m also Mexican and think that sometimes I can be a bit “spice”…hence Petite Pepper. voila!
- What is your favorite post you have written? (Include a link)
This was probably the most raw and honest post I’ve ever done. I felt exposed but wanted to let other moms know that just because you choose not to breastfeed that it doesn’t make you less of a mother.
- How do you unwind at the end of a long day?
my favorite is a glass of local vino and playing with my daughter. I work 3-12 hour shifts so it’s difficult to be away from her for such long periods of time. From the time I get home to the time she goes to bed I try and spend as much time invested in her and actively engaging her in play.
- Any words you live by?
Make smart choices. Its what I always told my brother growing up, it’s somehow adapted into our family parting phrase, “love you & make smart choices”.
- Favorite place to go with your family?
My parents have a cabin about an hour and half from our home and I love taking my daughter there to get her away from her iPad and to just enjoy the little things that nature has to offer.
- Favorite holiday to celebrate?
Can I cheat? It’s a toss up between 4th of July and Thanksgiving. I love that both do not focus on gifts but one on Freedom in our beautiful country and the other on thankfulness for everything God has given us.
- Three things you cannot live without.
mascara, music, coffee (& it totally goes without saying that my little bub above all)
- If you could be on any TV show, what would you pick?
Gilmore Girls for sure! I’d love to visit Stars Hollow, drink a coffee at Luke’s, exchange witty banter with Lorelai, and visit Rory at Yale.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’m pursuing a new career (looking into getting in to the real estate game) and really would like to advance my blog so it can not just be my hobby but a great way to make some passive income. Maybe another baby in 5 years??? The thought of another baby makes me nervous, double the trouble 🙂
- What is your best advice for new bloggers?
Don’t focus so much on selling products but on selling yourself. It’s a trap I fell into early on.
My Nominee Picks
Mary from The Abbottses
Keenie from My Beckett List
Nicole from Our Tiny Nest
Catherine from HonestMomLife
Safia from Imagine Forest Blog
LaShawn from Parenting on the Wildside
Wendy from Times with Kai
Rakhi from Life Thru My Eyes
Jacqueline from Ana Jacqueline
Melissa from Our Happy Hive
Taylor from Simple Living Nursing Mama
Tina from Life Gives U Lemons
Jessica from What’s Happening with Jessica?
Isabelle from Life with Isabelle
Angel from Angel Writes a Book
Romina from Mini Mummi Blogger
Questions for the Nominees
Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have ever visited
What is your favorite post from your blog and why? (please include link)
What makes you laugh out loud?
If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go and why?
What is the greatest thing that has happened to you this month?
How do you start you day?
Why did you start your blog? Where do you see it a year from now?
How do you spend a rainy day?
Name 3 qualities that describe you
Best advice you’ve ever gotten
Please leave me a comment here letting me know you’ve completed your acceptance post, I’d love to hop over and read your responses!
If you have any questions on accepting the Liebster Award, Global Aussie is fantastic resource on steps to follow. You also want to make sure and comment on his post letting him know you’ve been nominated 🙂
Thanks again Tasheena “The Cinnamon Mom“, it’s nice knowing that a fellow mom blogger believes in you.
So excited to read all your answers!
Please remember to comment below once you’ve created a post accepting your nomination.